What I’m about …
I started my career 16 years ago, and since that time I’ve worked my way through all the different facets of marketing, communications and business development.
From writing newsletters to advertising campaigns, from managing events to running websites, from research to promotions and now to digital communications and social media, I’ve done it all and loved it all.
I’ve had experience working in marketing and PR agencies, as well as a national charity and I’ve marketed everything from back-office financial systems to children’s nurseries. Now, I’m enjoying helping a variety of businesses to achieve their dreams through marketing advice, compelling copywriting and professional proofreading.
Moments from my career that I’m rather proud of include:
- Achieving the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Professional Diploma in Marketing
- Becoming a Chartered Marketer
- Gaining The Publishing Training Centre’s qualification in proofreading
- Winning the Northern Marketing Award for ‘Best Corporate Partnership’; an award that recognised the strategic benefits of a partnership I had set up for a charity – National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA)
- Rediscovering my love of writing and proofreading (I know, it’s a bit geeky) and setting up my own business, Julie Waite Marketing.
Jory Chambers, Business Development Consultant
“Julie is very professional and reliable. She is a friendly and natural leader in her field and I would highly recommend her services. The work we carried out increased sales performance by £2 million p.a. and raised the profile and credibility of our business immensely. If you would like to make a positive change to your business then Julie will help you get there.”
Talking about when Jory was National Sales and Development Manager for Asda Business and I was Corporate Partnerships Manager at NDNA.
During many years of writing and proofreading web copy, articles for magazines, e-shots, press releases, research papers, blogs, publications and reports and a whole range of marketing communications, I’ve honed my skills and I’m now able to offer them to you! So, drop me a line and we can discuss your marketing, copywriting and proofreading needs.
Want more …?
- Get in touch to find out how we can work together to achieve your goals
- Read my monthly marketing blog
- For more information about my career visit my LinkedIn profile
- Connect on Twitter and Google+.
Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders – the professional association for proofreaders and editors in the UK.